AccessibilityThe Rowmark website has been designed to meet World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 by incorporating the following accessibility features in the design of this site:
- The website validates to W3C Transitional XHTML and CSS (2) standards, With some CSS 3 experimental and headings are structured according to a strict hierarchy.
- Rowmark are provided to add semantic information to pages and sites.
- Current W3C technologies have been employed and deprecated elements and attributes are avoided. The site functions on a wide range of browsers tested on both MAC and Windows platforms.
- Meaningful text equivalents have been provided for every non-text element.
- All information conveyed with colour is available without colour. Colour is not referred to alone.
- Style sheets are employed to control layout and presentation and pages function when these style sheets are disabled.
- The natural language of the website is identified via the lang attribute associated with the html element. Layout tables are not used - layout is achieved via CSS coding.
- Pages do not periodically auto-refresh or auto-direct, and the use of pop up windows has been avoided where possible or equivalent has been provided.
- Frames are not used in this website.
- No pages incorporate content that causes screen flicker, content does not 'blink'.
- All pages of this site are still accessible if scripts, applets or other programmatic objects are disabled, or not supported.
- All event handlers are input device-independent and all features can be accessed via mouse, keyboard and alternative inputting devices.
- Information about the general layout of the site is provided via the site map.
- Navigation links are logically grouped and are used in a consistent manner.
- The target of each link is clearly identified, and non-link printable characters are placed between adjacent links.
- Provision is made for user to skip over groups of links via the skip links option.
- Shortcut keys are provided using the accesskey option.
- The accesskeys used throughout this site are documented below:
The page access keys are:
h - Home
a - About
t - Technical
d - Design
m - Manage
c - Contact
The content access keys are:
1 - top of page
2 - skip to content
3 - site map
4 - privacy and disclaimers
5 - accessibility
The different key combinations required for access keys depending on the browser and platforms are as follows
:Internet Explorer 5+ (PC) - Alt + Access Key then press Enter
Internet Explorer 5+ (MAC) - Ctrl + Access Key
Konqueror (Linux) - Alt + Ctrl + Access Key
Netscape 7 (PC) - Alt + Access Key
Firefox, Mozilla (Linux) - Alt + Access Key
Firefox, Mozilla (PC) - Shift + Alt + Access Key
Firefox, Mozilla (Mac) - Ctrl + Access Key
Safari and Omniweb (Mac) - Ctrl + Access Key
Opera - Shift + Escape then release both keys, then press the Access Key
If you find a problem with this website, please contact us with all relevent details and we will aim to correct them as soon as possible.