[Skip to Content]
Home  »   Pauline Rowson  »   Books  »   Events  »   News  »   Blog  »   Videos  »   Subscribe   »   BUY  »   Contact  »   Rights  »   Plays  »   CSI

The DI Andy Horton crime novels in order

Should I read the DI Andy Horton series in order?

The answer is no. They can be read in any order because each is a standalone mystery. In each DI Andy Horton (and there are now 14 in the series) there is a new crime for the flawed and rugged detective to investigate but there is also the drama of his unfolding personal life and his quest to discover the truth behind his mother's disappearance (Jennifer Horton) thirty years ago.

It can never be determined which book in the series a reader might buy from a bookshop or online,or borrow from a library so I need to weave in Andy Horton's back story and his personal quest enough so that the new reader can pick it up but not too much that it bores the reader who has read the Horton series from the beginning. Some readers have told me that they've discovered Andy Horton in a later book in the series and then having done so have gone back to the beginning and read them in sequence.

Dead Passage, Inspector Andy Horton crime novelThere are now now fourteen in the DI Andy Horton crime series with DEAD PASSAGE published in paperback, as an ebook and on Amazon Kindle in 2018.

So DI Andy Horton has come a long way since first appearing in Tide of Death in 2006.

The Inspector Andy Horton crime novels are available as paperbacks, e books, on Amazon Kindle and Kobo, as unabridged audio books and in large print.

In each novel there is a new case for DI Andy Horton with plenty of action. Horton is often joined by Sergeant Cantelli and the Major Crime Team headed by Detective Superintendent Uckfield. Horton is also often in conflict with his abrasive CID boss, DCI Lorraine Bliss.

The DI Andy Horton novels in order then with the first in the series listed at the top, are:

Tide of Death
Deadly Waters
The Suffocating Sea
Dead Man's Wharf
Blood on the Sand
Footsteps on the Shore
A Killing Coast
Death Lies Beneath
Undercurrent
Death Surge
Shroud of Evil
Fatal Catch
Lethal Waves
Dead Passage

Read more about each DI Andy Horton novel.

I enjoy writing the DI Andy Horton series and seeing the characters' lives unfold. I hope my readers do too.

The Art Marvik mystery thrillers

If you enjoy the Inspector Andy Horton crime novels you might like the crime novels featuring former Royal Marine Commando Art Marvik, now working as an undercover investigator for the UK's National Intelligence Marine Squad

Silent Running (1)
Dangerous Cargo (2)
Lost Voyage (3)

This article has been updated. It was originally published in June 2015.

Like on Facebook  Tweet on Twitter  Share on Linkedin  Share on Google Plus  Pin It on Pinterest

POSTED BY: PAULINE ROWSON
DECEMBER 4TH, 2018 @ 4:17:18 UTC

Comments

RE: The DI Andy Horton crime novels in order

Love the books, know Portsmouth well, son lives there, I was in the Army at Victoria Park Netley as a nurse in the 60`s

COMMENT BY DIANA MACINTOSH, FEBRUARY 11TH, 2015 @ 16:21:24 UTC

RE: The DI Andy Horton crime novels in order

Thank you, Diana, I`m pleased you enjoy the books and thank you for taking the time to let me know.I expect you have some interesting tales to tell about your time in the army at Victoria Park, Netley! More fodder for a crime novel, no doubt. Best wishes, Pauline

COMMENT BY PAULINE ROWSON, FEBRUARY 11TH, 2015 @ 16:43:04 UTC

RE: The DI Andy Horton crime novels in order

COMMENT BY PAULINE ROWSON, FEBRUARY 11TH, 2015 @ 17:28:56 UTC

RE: The DI Andy Horton crime novels in order

It was a very interesting talk at Lyndhurst U3A and meeting you was great. Since then I have read everyone of your books which I find so exciting I can hardly wait for the next one. You did mention that possibly Andy Horton might visit Lyndhurst!! Any research needed on the area - just ask!

COMMENT BY ANNE BENNETT, MAY 12TH, 2017 @ 13:59:42 UTC

RE: The DI Andy Horton crime novels in order

Surprised your books were not in Waterstone in Portsmouth, they had never heard of you!!!

COMMENT BY DIANA MACINTOSH, SEPTEMBER 18TH, 2016 @ 14:42:15 UTC

RE: The DI Andy Horton crime novels in order

Thanks for the blog comment. I`m surprised too seeing as I have done book signings there and they have always stocked them in the past! Maybe they had sold out. They should have looked me up and they will always order copies. Hopefully you`ve stirred them up to at least get some in. Many thanks. Pauline.

COMMENT BY PAULINE ROWSON, SEPTEMBER 18TH, 2016 @ 15:51:22 UTC